Competititve advantages of the IT sector in Uruguay:
- Export performance: Uruguay is the main per capita exporter of Latin America in Information Technology.
- Strategic location: its time zone, between the United States and Europe, has allowed it to be a great complement for the provision of global services to the region and the world.
- National talent: the quality and talent of its human resources is recognized, especially for its ability to adapt to new technologies, skills in a wide range of programming languages and high specialization in vertical sectors such as banking / finance, agriculture, security, among others.
- Leader in technology rankings: it is the most advanced Latin American country according to the Development Index of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) developed by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) in 2017. It is also the country with greater download speed in the region thanks to its modern infrastructure (Akamai-2017).
- Ecosystem: the country has a favorable framework for the promotion of IT companies installed in Uruguay as important tax exonerations and a coordinated innovation system.
Main exports destinations:
The countries are listed in alphabetical order.
Looking to contact with producers of it in Uruguay?
In Uruguay XXI we coordinate meetings with local counterparts, free of charge and personalized, according to the needs and interests of your company.
We also generate agendas with business meetings and link the exporters of these products with those interested in buying them.