Competitive advantages of the production of dairy products in Uruguay:
- Natural production: cattle in Uruguay are raised in the open, fed with fresh grass on natural pastures.
- Research and development: methods of continuous improvement are applied with increasing incorporation of technology in production.
- Safety: Uruguayan dairy products reach the consumer in compliance with the highest international standards.
- Export capacity: 70% of the milk produced by Uruguay is exported to more than 60 markets. Milk powder is the most exported product with a 64% share, followed by cheese.
- Great production: 2,000 million liters of milk are produced annually. Only 5% of the territory produces milk to feed more than 20 million people annually (based on one cup of milk per day).
Main dairy products exported by Uruguay:
- Whole milk powder
- Skimmed milk powder
Main exports destinations:
- Russian Federation
The countries are listed in alphabetical order.
Looking to contact with producers of dairy products in Uruguay?
In Uruguay XXI we coordinate meetings with local counterparts, free of charge and personalized, according to the needs and interests of your company.
We also generate agendas with business meetings and link the exporters of these products with those interested in buying them.