Competitive advantages of medical supplies in Uruguay:
- Growing industry: Uruguay has a long tradition in the pharmaceutical industry. Companies and professionals are recognized for their vast experience and knowledge in the field. This industry is in full growth since 2004. Medications prepared for retail sale, vaccines, antisera and pharmaceutical formulations and articles are the main products exported .
- Safe and reliable production: More than pharmaceutical facilities have been authorized by the Ministry of Public Health (MSP), a whose majority has the Certificate of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Technology: modern technology has been invested in the sterile filling of biological products in syringes and venous lines, as well as in the production of molecular biology and immunodiagnostic kits and recombinant proteins.
- Research ecosystem: Uruguay offers great government support along with a synergistic ecosystem of internationally renowned research institutions, such as the Pasteur Institute, which nurtures Life Science companies in Uruguay. In addition, the country has a high potential for multicenter clinical research projects.
Main exported products:
- Drugs consisting of mixed or unmixed products, prepared for therapeutic or prophylactic uses
- Preparations and pharmaceutical articles
- Provitamins and vitamins and their derivatives
- Hormones, prostagladins, thromboxanes and leukotrienes
- Syringes, needles, catheters or similar
- Dominican Republic
- South Africa
The countries are listed in alphabetical order.
Looking to contact with producers of medical supplies and medications in Uruguay?
In Uruguay XXI we coordinate meetings with local counterparts, free of charge and personalized, according to the needs and interests of your company.
We also generate agendas with business meetings and link the exporters of these products with those interested in buying them.